Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bright + Airy


This dress is SO CUTE but also the biggest pain in the ass. The zipper in the back only works when it feels like it. I was going to wear it for our anniversary but being as it's basically broken, I guess I can only wear it on the interwebs. It does that thing where it gets stuck right at the seam and refuses to go any further. Why haven't they figured this out yet? Anywho, it's no biggie. It's still real pretty, and I love the pleats. And I can always just take it to a tailor. Duh.


I used get really iffy about combining red and yellow together, mainly because I don't want to look like a fast food logo. I think with these shades, a marigold and deeper red, it works. Despite this outfit, I've found with having bright hair now, that I'm gravitating more towards black and neutrals anyway. Or maybe I'm just starting to subconsciously dress like Mike, who always wears all black. Uh oh.

I'm composing this post in a coffee shop right now, and it's kind of fun doing work around other people, even if you don't necessarily speak or interact much. I can people watch and be around noise that's not my own music or a podcast. This neighborhood being what it is, I'm seeing lots of strollers and mid age dudes in cargo shorts, but other wise this coffee shop is totally my jam. Ya know, it's my neighborhood's "quirky" place. They have succulent plants and fake spray painted taxidermy as their decor. It's cool.

Love,
Midge

Dress// Coincidence and Chance (similar) Cardigan// Modcloth  Necklace// Handmade  Bracelets// Gifts from Mom  Shoes// Report

15 comments:

Chloe Renee said...

I LOVE this dress! All the colors in your outfit look so good with your hair! Primary colors!

Lisa Black said...

That is a really cute dress! Pity about the zip >___< I really must learnt to replace them; so many dresses in opshops seem to be there because of broken zips but taking them all to the tailor would rack up the costs quickly!

Mari said...

I think I had the problem with the dress I wore to my anniversary dinner. Right where the skirt part met the bodice part was where the zipper just would not go up. It worked perfectly fine zipping up when it was not on me, so I guess it just wanted to lay extremely flat. It took so much pulling on the zipper and I tried putting candle wax on the zipper even to help it glide, but that didn't work. I was able to just get it zipped up for 2 occasions, but it was so much work I never wore the dress again.

I hope you do get to fix the zipper on your dress because it's so pretty. Yellow is my favorite color, but I rarely have any clothes in the color for fear of looking like a bumble bee, ketcup/mustard, or certain things in the toilet >_<
But I've found navy blue to be my favorite color to pair any shade of yellow with. I also like to pair it with certain pinks or white.

cakesandcakesvintage said...

That dress is super cute, although broken zippers make me want to hurt things. Zipper manufacturers/installers, mostly. But I love the yellow dress with the red cardigan and your blue hair and shoes, it's a really fun, bright way to work in all of those different colors without being overwhelming. I've had my eye on the same cardigan from modcloth, and this just makes me want it even more to pair with my yellow pieces this fall.
I found your blog through the meetup you had with Twee Valley High and The Soubrette Brunette. I'm really happy to have discovered it, I really like your style.
Cheers,
Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

Crissy said...

This looks very cute together! I usually stray away from certain color combos.. but this definitely doesn't look like fast food logo colors :D It sucks when zippers become impossible. I've noticed that happens mostly with Forever21.

Delores Harshaw said...

Gorgeous outfit! I love the colors together, especially with your blue hair just adding to the primary scheme.

Jen Venegas said...

I love this color combo! I think it works really well with your hair. As someone who also has bright hair, I understand wanting to dress in neutrals a lot. I still wear a lot of color but I also try to make sure it doesn't clash with my hair color! ;)

Kathy Crowley Belickis said...

Have tailor fix zipper! It is a cute dress!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you! They make me want to hurt things too. Glad you found my blog! :)

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks! Totally forgot about the primary color scheme with the hair. Total accident. haha

Midge Blitz said...

And it wasn't even on purpose! lol Thanks :)

RC Rabbit said...

That dress is amazing, and you look stunning in it. Zippers, I have found, are often possessed and refuse to submit to requests from humans. It may be possible to replace it but I haven't had much luck in replacing ones in factory made garments.

Sarah DeBoice said...

Love your hair and all the dots in this post!

Kerri said...

I have the same thing with the hair. At first I went to neutrals all the time because I was worried about the hair clashing. But now, I pick the outfit first and worry about the hair later haha.

Ms. Megan said...

ooooh!! i love this dress!! and it looks beautiful with your hair color!!! :) xoxo