Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Layer Up!



If you go back in my blog in the non-summer months you will know that I am a HUGE layering fan. I've been meaning to introduce more separates into my wardrobe, but for now I'll throw some tops under or over an dress, especially when either piece has a collar that ties the whole look together!

You can tell I went out later that night (friday) cause I'm wearing more make-up than usual, haha. Now-a-days, I can go a few days with no make-up what so ever. So it's nice to get gussied up on weekends. Oh, and do you like my new ring? It's new in my shop in the ring section, I love it so much I wanted my own. Something about the fall that makes me want to watch Twin Peaks on repeat.

Love,
Midge

Dress// Modcloth (sold out)  Sweater// H&M  Watch// Go Jane Necklace// Handmade from antique charm  Ring// Modern Girl Blitz Shop  Boots// Bass

10 comments:

Jess Buckley said...

love this look! I've just started watching Twin Peaks on Netflix and I'm hooked!

Kerri said...

I love the idea of layering but I can never decide what a good length for the top on top of the dress should be. I have a few cropped jumpers and sometimes they look good and other times they just look weird. Yet I think the length of this jumper is great... maybe I just need to get comfortable in what I look like with layers

Cherie Cheezcake said...

Thank you for this post! I always layer the same things so this gave me some ideas. Plus, I got to visit your blog again - it's always so cute! I feel inspired to update my layout again soon now. :)

Midge Blitz said...

Yay! It's easy to get hooked on, that's for sure.

Midge Blitz said...

Yeah, length is key! If a top is too long it can look weird. This one is perf.

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks! :)

lisa said...

I'm pretty excited for layering season to make it's way to AZ! Love the color of that sweater with your hair! Super pretty pics!

Jennifer Adler said...

Oh gosh, I adore this outfit! I'm a big lover of layers - mainly because I can never decide what to wear so tend to throw on as much pattern & colour as I can. Autumn is definitely the best season.
I also love how well your bright hair works with your outfits - I've recently started dyeing my bleached blonde locks violet so I'm finding myself more drawn to monochrome and darker tones. The style inspiration has been great!
(on a side note, I have to go buy myself one of your Twin Peaks rings. It's such a glorious show ♡)

Sailor July xo said...

I LOVE that ring, I live in Utah so the mountains are very special to me. Plus I just love them in general - especially when they involve hiking!

This outfit is so comfy cozy Autumn-y looking.

Romie said...

You are so Cute