Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Photo Diary// The Office

I thought it would fun to share on the blog today what my office actually looks like when I'm in the midst of the work day. Pens and tape everywhere, and there's usually a cup of coffee some where in the shot. I took these over the course of various work days, when ever I had the spare second to grab the camera. 

I've done a fair bit of rearranging (you can see my first peeks of my studio when I first moved in here) so I think I'll do a proper second studio tour soon. There's so much more to share now. 
Added the glitter garland from my housewarming party to my wall, because I'm an adult. It's  moves in the wind when the window's open, which I kind of enjoy.
I rearranged my desk from that giant L shape to more of a U shape. That way I have different spots where I can sit and work. I like the end where the chair is above because it faces the big window. It's in total disarray here, but thats honestly what a good day actually looks like, when I'm being super productive so there's stuff everywhere.

Packing orders, with confetti of course!



I use more bakers twine than most bakers, probably.

I've been having fun with these gold stickers I got from the office supply store. I've been drawing pretty pictures or sayings on them and including them in my packaging.  I feel like customers really appreciate that additional personal touch, especially when ordering from a handmade shop.

Love,
Midge

11 comments:

Lexi Singer said...

Oh Your office is so great! I love the boxes you use to pack your orders and the twine, where do you buy them from? =}

Lemon Freckles said...

My goodness your studio is just wonderful! I love all of the hidden treats for the eyes. Marvellous! X

Kristina, TweeValleyHigh said...

cutecute!

Jess Buckley said...

I love your office! Such a fun and bright space to get things done!

Laura said...

Everything is so light and pretty! Looks conducive to hard work. What do those gorgeous pastel post-it notes next to your 'living in sin' banner say? I'm a curious cat.
xx

Midge Blitz said...

Oh! I probably should have mentioned that in the post. It's my long term to-do list, basically. I prefer it over writing ideas in a book where they're out of sight, so with this I can look over when ever I need something to do. And ripping the card off the wall when I'm done is soooo rewarding!

Delores Harshaw said...

I adore your work space! So many beautiful colors, its truly inspiring.

Kerri said...

I took some photos of my work desk the other day, thinking about sharing that instead of my desk at home where I blog from. I love these little insights into peoples lives!

Gawly Gee said...

I love it! Your office looks so bright and a very nice place to work.

Hannah said...

Your office space is to die for! Definitely bookmarking this as inspiration for future decorating ideas. :)

Charnelle Pinkney said...

I love how colorful your office is!!!