Thursday, September 11, 2014

Velvet Season

I missed my little black velvet dress so much, you guys. It's officially that perfect fall weather here in the 'boken. And this puppy is my fave basic for the cooler months. I have it's counterpart in long sleeves, for the really colder months. There's something about velvet thats so comfortable and luxurious at the same time.
I also missed my blindingly bright tights collection. These are starting to rip, so I'm due for another Target trip to pick more up. They're like less than 5 bucks each and they last more than an entire season of heavy use. Zomg. And now for something new in my wardrobe...THESE SUNGLASSES! So rad.

I feel like I'm going to still miss summer, but I think now a bit less. First I'm excited for the seasons the change when I'm in my new place, and also, now that I walk every where, I won't come back from the grocery store so sweaty and gross from the heat. Ready for comfortably cool! (but not the bitter cold)


This week has flown by. Don't know why that's really news, cause my weeks always fly. This weekend I finally get to hang with Rhiannon, and we're doing one of our regular craft fair trips. It's been too long! Also, I need more quirky prints for my place. I rearranged my living room (pictures soon!) so now I have more wall space to cover with art. Woo!

Love,
Midge

Dress// Thrifted  Cardigan//Abound (similar)  Tights// Target  Boots// White Mountain (similar) Sunglasses// Lucky Cupcake  Watch// Go Jane  Brooch// Handmade

12 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

Love!!


www.paywithpolkadots.blogspot.com

Midge Blitz said...

Yes! The tights that are packaged rolled up like egg rolls. hahaha

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks! :)

Kristina, TweeValleyHigh said...

Cute, you pull velvet off very well! I looove colorful tights too, but those Target ones only last me like 2 wears, then my nails create a huge run. haha

Hannah said...

I used to be very anti-velvet but a couple years ago I thrifted a simple black velvet dress and now I'm hooked! Over in the Midwest, our temps are dipping into the 50's so I am definitely breaking out the tights this week. I am totally with you on wanting to sweat to death during simple errands!

Gawly Gee said...

I don't own anything velvet but I just saw a maroon, velvet skirt on Modcloth that is super cute.
I love fall, I think it's the perfect season! Today was the first day it has been under 70 degrees! I was so excited to wear tights.

nonnaihr said...

Can't wait to see you lady cakes!!

Jenn said...

As much as I enjoy the summer, I'm looking forward to cooler weather so I don't come back from the library and grocery stores a sweaty mess. Anything velvet is a win in my book and those sunglasses are to die for! I love the pops of color against the black.

Alex said...

Your hair looks amazing :) I just noticed the skates in your bookcase! Are you playing roller derby??

Kerri said...

I need more velvet in my life, don't think I own any. I'm slowly building up a swanky tights collection too! Did realise though, that I own no play black tights that aren't just plain opaque

Ms. Megan said...

!!!!!!!!! thos sunglasses are too amazing!! i can not even put into words how much i love them!!! xoxo

Sarah S. said...

I have those glasses too! I totally love em!