Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween in Hoboken

I recently creeped around my neighborhood and snapped photos of all the awesome halloween decorations around town. My building doesn't partake in these decorations, unfortunately(booooo!). But the ones that do, go ALL out.

The main halloween decoration trend I see around here is the spiderwebs that go up and down entire brownstones which I think is THE COOLEST SHIT EVER. 


 These ghosties were one of my favorites. I love quirky little decorations like them.





My favorite spiderweb shot. Can't we just keep these up all year round? Pleeeease?

I still don't have my costume completely figured out which makes me feel like a big jerky jerk, because I usually have it figured out before October even hits.
I'm determined to find a non-douchy halloween bar party some where here in Hoboken. I think I have a few leads, just gotta stay off the main street where there are lots of fratty-type bars. Hope you have something fun planned as well! I know I get kind of stressed out on Halloween just because its the best of all the holidays (duh) and I try too hard to have fun. This year I'll try my best to relax and go with the flow.

Happy Almost Halloween!
Love,
Midge

5 comments:

Cady Gebhardt said...

That looks so awesome! We're the only house on our block with decorations up :/ I do the same thing about stressing out to make the most of Halloween because it's my favorite holday too, I can totally relate :)

Becky Bedbug said...

This is amazing! We get nothing like this in England.

Crissy said...

That is SO awesome. Now I want to go downtown to see if there's any buildings that do the same lol

Gawly Gee said...

I love all the decorations! Only one other house besides mine, in my court decorated their place.

Corruption History said...

Hoboken Reporter