Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Stuff// Twin Peaks Shrine

In light of this weeks amazing news that Twin Peaks, my favorite thing in the whole wide world, is coming back in 2016 for a third season, I thought it would be appropriate to gather all of my Twin Peaks inspired things and stage a little shrine for the blog. Enjoy! If you don't like/have ever seen Twin Peaks, I'm sorry. And you should watch it (sup, Netflix binge!)

That wooden thing was sold as a "candle holder" but that seems like a bad idea. I just keep it sans of flames for decoration, next to my thrift store owls.
My agent cooper beer glass got a crack in it so now I just use it for non drinking purposes. Today its for a candle, because it's not made of wood.
Also, not sure if I've ever shared my nerdy as hell twin peaks trading cards I got off of ebay. Even nerdier: I used some of the sleeves that Mike uses for his Magic the Gathering cards to protect them.




And who can forget my teapot. It the cooooolest! And it took forever to paint. Since I last posted about it, it fell off a shelf, and thankfully, most of it survived. The top broke, but I got my handy dandy E6000 for that.




The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer of a really messed up book, but still a good read if you can handle dark as hell books.
And this is a town guide book to the fictional place of Twin Peaks, a good light hearted break for the diary.
God, I can't wait till 2016!

Love,
Midge

15 comments:

Kerri said...

I've never seen Twin Peaks but your dedication makes me want to watch it :)

Swoon for the Moon said...

Wow, your blog is just PERFECT. I'm so jealous of your collection!
http://www.themistycrypt.org/

Aishling said...

Eeeeee! This is amazing and I'm so excited! :D

Kamila K said...

ohhh amazing! i'm re-watching Twin Peaks (again) right now and I'm co excited that it will be back in style in 2016 :PP
pigeongray.blogspot.com

Violet said...

Gorgeous goodies! I love Twin Peaks and am so excited for 2016. May have to re-watch the whole series again in preparation :-)

Jennifer Adler said...

The Twin Peaks trading cards are possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen!!
Absolutely love this shrine, such a gorgeous collection. 2016 cannot come quick enough! Definitely going to see if I can pick up The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer.

Ms. Megan said...

!!!!!!! this is the neatest little space!!! twin peaks is one of my very favorite shows and i'm so excited about season 3!!!!! i seriously love everything on these shelves!! the mugs/cups/tea pot & owls!!! it's all amazing!!!!!

Jenn said...

I'm so excited for the return! I had no idea there was an actual book version of Laura Palmer's diary. I need to get my hands on a copy asap. Your teapot and that painted owl are so perfect.

Midge Blitz said...

I've re-watched it like 4 times, it never gets old!

Midge Blitz said...

It's pretty easy to find on ebay and such! the cards and the book :)

Midge Blitz said...

hahaha thanks so much! :)

Midge Blitz said...

aw, thanks! :)

Midge Blitz said...

Do iiiit! :D

Violet said...

Never! I came home last night to find my partner watching an episode, I think he's pretty excited for 2016 too :-) Your post has given me some ideas for his Christmas present so thanks!

Marianne said...

This is absolutely incredible. I love twin peaks and I love your love for it! I had no idea those cards existed!