Monday, November 17, 2014

Gloomy Vibes

Halloween is over, I know ;) It's a very grey Monday today, so these pictures are very fitting, though I took them last week. Thank glob I'm sitting at my computer in a nice and cozy sweater with some hot coffee right now.
This dress has become my go-to when I don't know what to wear. It's so great having dresses like that. It's nice and simple but still has cute details like the cut out and collar, making it fun to layer with different things.
And OK, I tried the whole "no bangs" thing but I can't do it. My forehead, it's cold. The last time I pulled off not having bangs comfortably I was a baby. Think I'll be getting my hair cut ASAP, haha. I still think the roots look cool though.
I have two pairs of speckled multi color socks like this. It's a nice little added quirk that I really welcome and enjoy, especially with dark looks like this. 
Hey, checkout this rock. Also, the Empire State Building and it's buddies. It might be hard to believe, but I still forget that this is a five minute walk from me.  The only mode of transportation I haven't tried yet into the city is the ferry, but I bet the view on the way there is amazing. I gotta try it one of these days.

Love,
Midge

Dress// Modcloth (sold out)  Undershirt// An old band tee  Socks// Joyce Leslie  Shoes// Doc Martens  Glasses// Ray Ban  Bag// Delia*s (old) (very old, who shops at Delia*s?!) (but similar here)

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your bright hair colour against the grey background! I think having bright coloured hair would definitely brighten up my day. Also, what style Doc Martens are you wearing?

iSillyPanda said...

You kind of remind me of Enid from Ghost World in some of these pictures. :)

Ginny Adler said...

I was totally thinking the same!
I love this outfit - it works even better with your bright hair. That dress is so cute!
I'm also pretty jealous of that amazing view. I'd love to visit the States one day.

Kerri said...

I need to get myself a good layering dress like this. I think the roots look really great, I quite enjoy my roots when they come through :)

Sema Krishna said...

That's adorable. You should do a ferry ride photo shoot!

Kirsty Baker said...

Those Dr Martens are gorgeous! In fact, I love this whole outfit and would actually wear it as it is haha, those glasses included. Lovely :)

Kirsty x

www.kirstytalks.co.uk

Marlen said...

Hahah I also can't remember the last time I didn't have bangs. I'd feel...weird without them. Nakey. And it's so important having those casual/ it-goes-with-everything dresses in your closet. Especially for those days where your brain doesn't want to work and refuses to help you make an outfit. I love that fun collar on yours!

xo marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you! And they're the maryjanes :)

Gawly Gee said...

I love this dress, especially paired with that tee under it. It looks really good. I've had some sort of swoopy bang since I was about 14 and it's hard to give up.


That view is pretty great too!