Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Art or Work? Work or Art?

 Given my profession as an artist, designer, and career crafter, it's very tough to differentiate what is art and what is work. Nowadays, I feel like there isn't much a difference for me. If I make something cool and I like it, it most surely get posted on the internet, making it available for lots of eyes to see and the  those eyes want that piece as said merchandise so they can own it in one form or another. Which is kind of really cool. And I can't just not give the people what they want.

 This Rat Queen is my latest piece, which kind of brought upon this whole train of thought on what's art and what's work and does it even matter if there's a difference this far in the game as a career crafter. But yeah, this will most likely get burned onto a screen so I can make totes and apparel from it. Hey, it's a living.
I'm wearing something super comfy but still fun today, my celestial dress with a top over it, because winter. This dress has my favorite print on it, so I like to make as many outfits as possible from it, though this is only it's second appearance here on this ol' blog-o.

Hope this week is being nice to you so far!

Love,
Midge

Dress// See You Monday  Shirt// Craft store  Shoes// Indigo  Necklace// Glitterlimes

9 comments:

Kerri said...

As long as your always having fun and enjoying it then I guess work can be an art form in itself :)

Holly Karnes said...

I've often wondered the same thing. The lines often get blurred.
xo. holly erinn

Tessa said...

I love the rat queen art so much!

Doña Humé. said...

I really adore this dress and NEED IT

Jessie said...

This is super rad! Especially since one of my favorite comics goes by the name Rat Queens! It's also rather feminist, generally positive and accepting! (I suggest checking it out if you haven't already)

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/rat-queens

Midge Blitz said...

Good point!

Midge Blitz said...

Thanks Tessa! It's definitely one of my favorite pieces so far.

Midge Blitz said...

haha thank you :D

Midge Blitz said...

Yeah, its tough!