Monday, January 12, 2015

For a Song

 Hello! A  long time coming outfit post today, finally. I got this dress Saturday at Buffalo Exchange (a hipster thrifty store chain). Every couple of years or so I go there in hopes of selling some stuff that I don't wear and more often than not, sell nothing, and also still buy something because hey, I'M THERE ANYWAY. That's basically exactly what happened. I only got one thing, being this Marc by Marc Jacobs dress. I have no idea what season it's from, but I never cared about that sort of thing anyway. Going to somewhat higher end thrift stores for me are a great way to get those "investment pieces" without the investment. I got this for 38 smack-a-roos.




I haven't worn my hair straight since my last hair cut, and I'm kinda digging the Karen O bowl-like shape with my bangs. I didn't really notice it that much when I was wearing it wavy. A pleasent surprise! These cat eye glasses are an old friend, they go well with the bookish feel of the dress, I think. I feel like a fancy Enid Coleslaw today.

Love,
Midge

Dress// Marc by Marc Jacobs, thrifted  Shoes// Blowfish  Glasses// Ebay  Bracelet// C Wonder

5 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

I love you're hair straight!

www.paywithpolkadots.blogspot.com

Kerri said...

I thought it was a skirt and top at the start! There's so much contrast between the two sides, I think it'll go nicely used as a skirt or top :) And together, obviously ;)


I rarely wear my hair straight since cutting it, but it's always a nice change.

Alphinx Mapa said...

Love the patterns of your skirt!

Fawne said...

Love love love your hair!!! And the dress is killer! :)

lisa said...

What an awesome dress! Every year or so I drag my stuff to Buffalo and ended up spending way more than they buy. Oh well, at least sometimes you find quality pieces like this!