Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fireworks in February

This past Tuesday I was lucky enough to have a front row seat right in my bedroom to the Chinese New Year fireworks! At first it was super jarring to hear fireworks this time of year, but I quickly ran and grabbed my telephoto lens to snap some photos from my window. They look different in the winter somehow. Or maybe it's just the fact that it's winter is skewing my view on it.







 It's kinda funny seeing dead trees and feeling the cold wind and watching fireworks at the same time.  It's like hearing Christmas music in August. I had to open my window to take these photos and it is freeeeeezing here in the northeast. But it was a nice little treat to brighten up my evening.

NEW YORK CITYYYY! I sometimes yell that at my window. OK, that's all for now! I'll be here listening to Best Coast pretending that it's not 17 degrees.

Love,
Midge

5 comments:

emily said...

ah i love best coast! also i heard fireworks last night and was so confused. but now i know. it's the chinese new year! love these pics :)

Kathryn said...

These pictures came out incredibly! Firework photography is something I've mean meaning to work I for a while, but unfortunately there are limited opportunities ;)

This looks like a great night!

x Kathryn
Through the Thicket

Colleen said...

Wow you're right, I've never seen fireworks in winter either. These pictures turned out great!

COOCOO FOR COCO

Luvinia รณ Conchobhair said...

great pics

Kerri said...

I love fireworks, these photos really capture the fun of them! I quite like taking photos of them, because I'm never quite sure how they will turn out.