Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bye Bye Winter Coat


 Ok, winter is only for 3 more days and today I wore my Spring jacket yesterday for the first time. I've had this jacket for like 10 years. Think it might be time for a new one, eh?

I've realized this looks very fall like after the fact. I just really like fall-ish colors and patterns. IE mustard, olive, and plaid. I think the blue in the dress brighten it up to make it more springy, though! Maybe the next spring jacket I get should be in a bright color, switch things up a bit.

I'm also really happy to no longer be wearing my winter boots! I wanna throw those things in a fire. Or rather I'll just clean them up and maybe get the heel reinforced for next winter, because I'm more reasonable than that. But man am I happy to be wearing regular shoes again. With a heel!


Hopefully soon we'll see some flowers on those trees behind me. The Empire State Building is in clear view from where I am in these photos, making it hard to forget how ridiculous it is that I'm in New Jersey, but I can see all of Manhattan island in one look.

From my apartment window, you can only see the Empire State Building in the fall/winter when there's no leaves or flowers on any of the trees in front of it. But once those flowers and leaves start growing, they completely obstruct the view. I kinda like it this way, it's like that building is my version of "winter lights". I think in the years to come it'll also give me something to brighten up the cold and gloomy winter days and nights. And in the spring and summer, I'm on the other side of the window anyway, and I can see Manhattan if I want in a five minute walk.


And hey, how do you like the new layout? I thought I'd go for something a bit more minimal and clean.  I'm liking it's simplicity.

Love,
Midge

Top// F21 (similar)  Dress// Alternative Apparel  Jacket// Gap, old as dirt  Scarf// Modcloth (similar)  Shoes// Thrifted  Rings// Modcloth

9 comments:

Antonias D. said...

Completely agree with you on the winter boots. I'm so happy to be wearing normal shoes again!

Jemma Humphreys said...

I love this layout! But even more I love your posts! :) Absolutely beautiful, your photographs are wonderful. I wish I lived somewhere like this!


Jemma xx

Midge Blitz said...

Indeed!

Midge Blitz said...

Aw jeez, thanks so much! :)

Izzy McLeod said...

Such a cute look, love the colours with your hair!! I do like the new layout, always a lover of simplicity <3

The Quirky Queer

Diana Cloudlet said...

I like your blog and this post very much! Everything is so beautiful!

Diana Cloudlet

http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

Jennifer said...

NYC is crazy how visible is it in New Jersey. I remember driving when I was little and getting so antsy since you could see the NYC skyline but it would still be 30-40 minutes till we got into the city. You can also see the skyline from Sandy Hook, NJ on a clear day. It would drive me nut, because if you could drive over the ocean it would take like 30 minutes to get to the city, but because of the location, it takes an hour and a half to drive on land. So we need to invent more boat cars!

Midge Blitz said...

Thank you so much! :)

Midge Blitz said...

Yes, boat cars!!! haha :D