Wednesday, July 22, 2015

You're Allowed to Say No

I've come onto a few situations in my personal life recently, which is why I made these little doodles I'm sharing today. I got a new Pentel brush pen and it's been ruling my life lately. I bought it last week when I was walking around my town and saw that an art supply store opened up right in my neighborhood.

I feel like sometimes the obligation to be polite trumps personal boundaries and comfort. Especially as women, we're told to be nice and smiley even when we're uncomfortable. Let me tell you, that is should not be the case. Trust your gut, and filter those creeps and weirdos outta your hair with a giant (literal or figurative) Hell No!





From just being alive on this earth I've experienced both sides of this spectrum, and the side where you trust your instincts and resist whatever is making ya feel weird is much better. Who cares what somebody you don't even like thinks, right? Also and of course, you also always do what is safe in any particular situation as well. But generally, if someone or something rubs you the wrong way, run.
Don't be afraid to nip it in the bud. I mean, if the magic 8 ball said so, then it must be true, right?

Love,
Midge

2 comments:

Josie Spicer said...

This post kind of reminded me of a quote from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - 'I’m always amazed at what women will do because they’re afraid of being rude.'

I definitely need to say 'hell no' a lot more in my day-to-day life. Especially when I encounter customers that say, 'Come on, where's that smile, darl?'

Ugh.

Midge Blitz said...

Yes, that show was great! So many good lines. And that "smile" shit, ugh ugh ugh indeed.