Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Summer Goth




I never thought I would ever write this sentence, but this is the outfit I wore to see Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins on Friday night, at Jones Beach. Nothing says summer goth then Marilyn Manson performing on a stage on the beach. But the main reason I was there was to see the Pumpkins..I've been a huge fan of them since I was 11 or 12 (which is like 15 years, holy hell!!!) and I've never gotten the chance to see them live. So Friday was kinda a surreal experience for me. Even though James and D'arcy have cut themselves off from the band, understandably from what I've read over the years, I still saw Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin. As any avid pupkinhead, I love poking fun at Billy Corgan's caustic and also overly-defensive attitude towards like everything. Have you seen the latest with him at Disneyland? I can't stop laughing. There was even a web comic I was obsessed with in my teen years called "Billy the Egomaniac" which was parody of "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac". I digress.

I enjoyed myself, Manson had lots of cool props and fire and said some choice phrases. Corgan's only banter was addressing the crowd with a Matthew Mcconaughey "Alright alright alright" and followed it with "I feel like that's all you san say nowadays without offended anyone. Alright!" Meanwhile, they followed Marilyn Manson's bible burning "fuck jesus" act, so I don't think this was a particularly easily offended bunch. But they played a lot of my favorites, I had a Corona tall boy with a straw, with a view of the ocean and the full moon, so I was happy as a clam. Only REAL gripe with the show? NO ENCORE! I wanted to hear "Today" as an encore so bad, and they never played it. Womp.

I also just got this dress from one of my fave etsy shops, Cat Coven, pretty much just in time for the show. Most perfect thing ever to wear to that kinda event. I paired it with another thing I'm super excited about, my new patches that I got in the shop! It's super cool to see my art work in embroidered patch form. I'm going to be designing some more soon.

Love,
Midge

Dress// Cat Coven  Vest// H&M (old)  Shoes// Blowfish  Bracelets// Old gifts  Rings// Old Navy  Patch// Modern Girl Blitz Shop

No comments: