Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween in Hoboken 2015 Part 1

My neighborhood totally wins at Halloween decorations. People here REALLY get into it. And I'm soooo into it. It's mainly people that own the whole brownstone, so they have free range to decorate the entire thing. Apartment living doesn't exactly allow that, though I own my apartment, the exterior isn't up to me. But one day. One day I will own a spooky old brownstone to decorate. I can dream! Dreeeaming is free...

Anyway, as if this isn't already my favorite time of the year, my town just makes it even better. Every errand is like a spooky walk. And even just walking around for the hell of it to check everything out is a blast, of course with my camera in tow. It's also a great way to chat with the people in my neighborhood, being as the decorations serve as a conversation piece. I had an awesome couple of hours checking every brownstone out and snapping photos. I even saw another woman with a "fancy" camera taking pictures. I pointed to my camera and said "looks like we have the same idea!" I think she worked for a publication of some sort, because she as telling me she was supposed to be out photographing people, but the spooky stoops were way more interesting. 

Without further ado, I give you this year's Halloween in Hoboken photos! There are SO many, I'm going to try my best to stuff them into two parts. Beeeewarrrreeee (of sensory overload)!

 I was gonna save the best for last but screw it. This complex for sure made my laugh the most. The whole thing just has climbing skeletons all over it.


Hey, neighbor! 
This guy does an art piece in this spot every year, always with an attached plaque, seen below. Last year it was a hanging skeleton looking at his phone. My joke was it should have been called "new phone who dis".

Last year this was the first building I remember seeing all done up with the spider webs and I was amazed at how cool it looked. Little did I know that that was just the tip of the iceberg.







Part two is coming tomorrow!

Love,
Midge

No comments: