Thursday, June 30, 2016

Gothy Tennis Outfit






I kind of tend to wear outfits related to physical activities that I never partake in. Hence, my gothy tennis outfit. I went to a friend apartment for dinner the day I took these, and my buddy said I looked like a goth tennis player before I said anything. So there ya go.
I think for the past decade, when I'm looking at shirts in a second hand shop, I can't help but look for Fred Perry shirts. This habit started in my late teens when I loved the British appeal of that brand and didn't want to shell out $100 for a top. So I started scouring thrift stores for one and the habit kinda stuck, even when I wouldn't be looking consciously. About two weeks ago in a tiny second hand store in Jersey City (not Another Mans Treasure, another one I forget the name of) I found this gem. Search over? Mission accomplished? Sure.

I rediscovered my old checkered vans in my trunk I keep in my bedroom, where you may also find some interesting "belts" that I wore when I was fucking punk rock, man, and some other fun accessories... That trunk is basically where punk goes to die. But these vans were saved, because ya know what, they are comfy! And I still kinda like them. It's weird, because I don't think I would buy a new pair today. There's something with the age attached to them that makes me like them, more than the style of the shoe itself. I feel like I'm wearing some kinda relic.

Love,
Midge

No comments: